A Journey into Matthew Fox’s The Hidden Spirituality of Men
Meeting the 2nd & 4th Mondays of each month, Jan-Dec 2022, from 8-9pm EST
In this year-long discussion of Matthew Fox’s book The Hidden Spirituality of Men: Ten Metaphors to Awaken the Sacred Masculine,* we will explore ancient and new masculine images that allow men breathing room to be our best and deepest selves: our wild and fierce selves; our gentle and loving selves; our soaring and mystical selves; 0ur prophetic, sharing, earthloving, cosmic, and expansive selves; our generative, creative, compassionate, fatherly, and wise selves; our gay, straight, bi, pan, or asexual selves. In short, our true selves…..
Ultimately, men are not “problems to be solved” but deep, impenetrable mysteries. Each one of us carries many stories, many ancestors, many metaphors, and many archetypes in often hidden places. We are diverse. There is no single “man problem.” Our unique DNA assures us that each of us came through this long, fourteen billion-year journey with our own tales to tell and work to do. We are wondrous and surprising and full of creativity. And we are still evolving. We are green and blue, warrior and hunter, Icarus and Daedalus, father and son, husband and lover, spiritual and sensual, free and bound. That is the adventure of it all. That is why we need fresh and ancient metaphors to awaken us.
We will meet the 2nd and 4th Mondays of each month throughout 2022 (starting January 10th). We will exploring one chapter each month we meet.
- January – Chapter 1: Father Sky – The Cosmos Lives!
- February – Chapter 2: The Green Man
- March – Chapter 3: Icarus and Daedalus
- April – Chapter 4: Hunter-Gatherers
- May – Chapter 5: Spiritual Warriors
- June – Chapter 6: Masculine Sexuality, Numinous Sexuality
- July – Chapter 7: Our Cosmic and Animal Bodies
- August – Chapter 8: The Blue Man
- September – Chapter 9: Earth Father – The Fatherly Heart
- October – Chapter 10: Grandfather Sky – The Grandfatherly Heart
- November – Chapter 11: The Sacred Marriage of Masculine and Feminine
- December – Chapter 12: Other Sacred Unions
This offering is open and available to all men. You are welcome to participate as your schedule allows, and there is no requirement to start with Chapter 1.
*If you order your copy of the book at matthewfox.com, use the code 5OFF for a $5 discount on your purchase.