“Awaken, in order to die–so that you can truly live.” – Jeffry Jeanetta-Wark
The movie AVATAR (2009), was nominated for several academy awards and remains the highest grossing movie of all time because it is one of the most potent consciousness-raising movies in the last 50 years. Together we will learn what this film can say to you while it supports your personal, communal, and spiritual growth. As you join us, be ready for an unparalleled opportunity to connect with other men of good character; to make time for your own deeper reflection and growth; and to find your wild untamed edge of spiritual expansion.
During our time together, and among other topics, we will address the following elements per the movie Avatar:
- Your personal path(s) of sacrifice on the road to Initiation of elevated consciousness
- The four central spiritual dimensions highlighted throughout the movie
- Places you might personally (consciously and consciously) treat others unjustifiably
- We will see how ancient Egyptian, Hindu, and Russian mythologies dance with elements of Native American and Ancient Greek cultures in this movie
- The thematic arc of the Hero’s journey, and where it might pertain to your own life
- The arc of traditional stages of initiation, and where they might pertain to your own life
- The opportunity to meet your own inner AVATAR
- The idea that the men of MN Illuman might expand on a shared vision celebrating differences in spiritual directions; and including leadership for the welfare of self, others, communities, the Earth, and global citizenship
Facilitator Jeffry Jeanetta-Wark, MA, LICSW is the founder and Clinical Director of the Center for Integrated Well-Being, Inc. (CIWB), a holistic psychotherapy practice in Roseville created in 2004. He is a senior level social worker, a holistic psychotherapist, and educator with more than 31 years of experience. He has worked in the Twin Cities metro area as a licensed elementary school social worker; a program coordinator serving young fathers; a former site coordinator with the Father’s Resource Center, etc.
Jeffry has been involved in men’s work since 1988. Currently, he provides psychotherapy, leads men’s retreats, groups and trainings. He is a national speaker / keynoter on issues of authentic manhood and the curriculum author and lead trainer for Authentic Manhood Program (AMP). Jeffry is dedicated to supporting males to develop greater presence, accountability, and high character. His vision for men is the following: connecting authentically with self, serving others as well as the world with courage, and effective skills to last a lifetime.” Jeffry can be reached at authenticmenstherapy.com
- The cost for the event is $275 per person
- Lodging will be in the Lakeside building. The rooms sleep 2 to 5 individuals.
- Please bring your own bedding and pillow. A sleeping bag and pillow are recommended. There is a limited amount of bedding available for rent from Camp Onamia for $10, but if at all possible, participants are asked to bring their own bedding.
- There will be time for wandering the grounds of Camp Onomia, and there will be a bonfire. Please bring the appropriate cold weather clothing.
- Friday night we will be viewing the movie Avatar as a group, then on Saturday and Sunday we will be reviewing the themes of the movie and breaking into council circles to discuss.
- The following meals will be provided: Friday dinner; Saturday breakfast, lunch, and dinner; Sunday breakfast and lunch. If you have any dietary restriction, please let us know in the registration form.