Applied Convening for Illuman Men
As men we are at critical thresholds as the world reckons with increasing violence, ongoing pandemic, racial injustice, geographic instabilities, environmental risks, and other issues that affect Illuman and our communities, families and individuals. More than ever before we, as men must address these big challenges while also creating positive impact. Through the lens of The Art of Convening we will explore the power of acting from purpose.
Acting from purpose grants illuminated men the ability to focus on what matters. For the last 28 years The Center for Purposeful Leadership has crafted human centered practices and principles that lead to authentic engagement.
With other Illuman men we will explore four interrelated questions:
- In the face of disruption, how do we engage from a place of compassionate and wise response – in order to participate in the emerging future?
- How does the Convening framework guide and accompany us toward the emerging future?
- How will we connect with companions who can lead and share the journey with us?
- What practices can help us to act with purpose and intent, as co-creators, bringing gifts of wholeness and healing into the world?
Many of us have experienced the impact that Illuman Council gatherings and Men’s Rites of Passage has had on our lives. The art and science of Convening aims to build on those experiences and deepen men’s capacity to engage not only within the Illuman context but also in places of worship, the workplace and around the family table.
- Six live, 2.0-hour, every other Thursday sessions via Zoom, January 11 – March 21, from 6-8pm Central
- Between-session learning opportunities, including short video lectures, individual readings, journaling, experiential exercises, and assessments
- Session recordings will be available in the Center for Purposeful Leadership online learning community
This course is designed to help you develop your convening skills in a collaborative learning community of other men.
The course is based on applying the 9 Aspects of the Convening Wheel, a practical roadmap to activate convening as a core leadership competency, from CPL’s seminal book, The Art of Convening: Authentic Engagement in Meetings, Gatherings, and Conversations.
*The Wisdom Year is not an Illuman program. It is being offered by an outside partner organization. As such, Illuman accepts no responsibility or liability for said program. This posting is for informational purposes only.*